This time of year is so busy; full of hustle and bustle, Christmas parties, gift exchanges and shopping! This season always brings out people’s giving, generous spirits and many friends ask how they can help support our mission.
We wanted to list out a few ways you can help… some things can be done just by doing what you’re already doing!
- First, shop Amazon Smile and select Magic Beans Corp. as your charity. This is exactly like Amazon with all the same deals and bargains but if you shop through Amazon Smile, Magic Beans receives a portion of your purchase. Get started today! https://smile.amazon.com
- If you like shopping online, we have some of our handmade items listed on Etsy for sale. Every penny from the sale of these items is used to provide meals at our feeding program in Haiti. Check it out! https://www.etsy.com/shop/MagicBeansCorp We add new items frequently, so add it as a favorite and check back often!
- Next up, while you’re shopping online or braving the crowds, you could pick up a few things for a couple of the drives we have going on right now. We’re currently collecting board games and books for the patients at Scottish Rite & we’re also collecting Secret Santa items for our senior friends at a local nursing home. These items could include bathrobes, warm socks and slippers, crossword puzzles, playing cards, stationery, blankets & toiletries.
- Another way great way to help is to attend our Christmas Feast for Feeding Hope on December 20th from 2-5. This is a potluck dinner and will include games and tons of prizes. We’ll also have a small Christmas market set up with a lot of great items for sale benefiting Feeding Hope. The purchase of just one ticket to the potluck provides 25 meals at our feeding program. Feel free to invite your friends, family, co-workers and neighbors. More details can be found here: http://magicbeansco.com/events/christmas-feast-for-feeding-hope/
- At our Christmas Feast for Feeding Hope we’ll have several options to provide basic necessities to children living in Haiti. We’ll have a giving garland strung up with many tags listing various items our children need on a daily basis. Similar to the Angel Tree, you will be able to take a tag from the garland and gather these items before our spring break trip.
- If you’re looking to make a lasting impact on the life of a child, we have many, many little ones at Feeding Hope that are looking for sponsors. This $20 monthly commitment provides all their meals for the month at our program. Most of us can’t go out to eat for 2 for that price. Imagine being able to provide a child’s meal security for very little sacrifice. The first group of children looking for sponsors can be found here: http://magicbeansco.com/feedinghope_sponsorships/
- At that same link, you’ll see profiles for our cooks & staff members at Feeding Hope. Many of them are volunteers and work very hard with no expectation of compensation. They’re also in desperate need of monthly sponsors to help provide basic necessities for their families.
- And possibly the easiest thing you could do is to share this blog with your friends and encourage them to “like” our Facebook page! We love sharing our progress and updates with you!